1) - I will NEVER accept a popular or convenient belief... simply because it is popular or convenient.
2) - I will carefully weigh the validity of every supposition, fact, or explanation presented to me.
3) - I will ALWAYS recognize and respect the VAST chasm between theory and proof.
4) - All of human history teaches us that 'unknown' does NOT mean 'unknowable'.
5) - If not for those who questioned the status quo, mankind would still be huddled in caves worshiping rocks, trees and weather.
6) - The fact that I, as a thinking being, can cause or alter events... is NOT proof that all events are therefore caused by thinking beings.
7) - Attribution of the unknown to deities or supernatural events... is the definition of laziness.
8) - I will always seek logical and provable answers to life's questions.
9) - I fully accept that many of my questions will not be answered in my lifetime.
10) - I shall die knowing that my time and intellect were not wasted on the primitive worship of natural phenomena.Filed under: General
Login / Join