I'd be curious to know what some of you think on this topic. I hang around with more businessmen and Libertarian people so I don't always get the full scoop from all sides.
Here are some points I see:
- Illegal immigration is obviously breaking the law and is different than legal immigration. People often mix these two which is crazy. People who enter countries illegally are breaking the law and committing a crime. But even with legal immigration I think there are things to think about.
- Different countries have different IQs. Obviously IQ isn't the end all measurement for the quality of a person, but people with higher IQs are generally less violent. The most violent IQ is around 85. Places outside of Europe, America and East Asia have lower IQs that are closer to 85.
- In line with IQ and violence, people from these countries are much more likely to commit rape. 1/3 of the Muslims in North Africa admit to having raped a woman before. You are 22 times more likely to be raped in Iraq than in Sweden. I don't get how people, especially women, could be happy about bringing these types of people into their country.
- Europe and America are told that it is good to be multicultural, but the people immigrating into these countries aren't multicultural. Why is it that you don't have multiculturalism in countries outside of Europe and America? Why are white countries the only countries that have multiculturalism? Why don't Muslim countries have white Christians practicing Christianity in their countries, or even white Atheists? Why aren't Asian countries taking in Muslims? Why are Europe and America supposed to be multicultural when the rest of the world isn't? You can't have it both ways.
- If we didn't have state benefits like healthcare and welfare that suck up tax dollars then it wouldn't matter as much who comes in. This is how America was 100 years ago before the welfare state. Now that we have a welfare state letting immigrants in brings about a new set of challenges in regards to native taxpayers paying taxes for immigrants who haven't paid their whole lives into the system.
I'm all for helping other people and maximum freedom. But I think a lot of Western societies are self-sabotaging themselves for no good reason. Why would you purposefully bring people into your society who aren't going to help it? It is one thing to help bring people up. It is another thing to let people bring you down.
What do you guys think?
Filed under:Countries / Civilizations, Immigration